StemCells, Inc. collaborates with prominent researchers and clinicians at leading academic institutions and medical centers. Below is a listing of current and recent collaborators:
- Stanford University and Stanford School of Medicine
- StemCells, Inc. has a long history of collaboration with Stanford University and Stanford School of Medicine in the areas of CNS disorders and liver disease.
- We have conducted preliminary studies in collaboration with Raphael Guzman, MD and Gary Steinberg, MD, PhD, both professors of Neurosurgery at Stanford University School of Medicine, to study the therapeutic potential of our human neural stem cells in stroke.
- UC Irvine
- StemCells, Inc. has conducted extensive pre-clinical studies in spinal cord injury in collaboration with Aileen J. Anderson, PhD and Brian J. Cummings, PhD, both associate professors in the Departments of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Anatomy and Neurobiology at the University of California, Irvine (UC Irvine).
- StemCells also conducted a research collaboration in Alzheimer's disease with Frank LaFerla, PhD, Director of the UC Irvine Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders (UCI MIND), and Hana and Francisco J. Ayala Dean of the UC Irvine Francisco J. Ayala School of Biological Sciences.
- OHSU Casey Eye Institute
- StemCells, Inc. has conducted pre-clinical studies of our human neural stem cells in retinal disorders in collaboration with Raymond Lund, PhD, professor of Ophthalmology at the Casey Eye Institute at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) and currently Professor Emeritus at the Moran Eye Center, University of Utah. We continue our collaboration with Dr. Trevor McGill, Research Assistant Professor at the Casey Eye Institute.
- Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
- StemCells, Inc. is currently collaborating with Dr. Paola Leone, Professor and Director of the Cell and Gene Therapy Center at the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine on pre-clinical studies in Canavan disease.
- University of Alicante
- StemCells, Inc. has collaborated with Dr. Nicolas Cuenca, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Physiology, Genetic and Microbiology at the University of Alicante, Spain on pre-clinical studies of our human neural stem cells in retinal disorders.